Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Rapid Application Development With Mozilla

This is a book stuffed with useful information about XUL, RDF, JavaScript, XPCOM. You can download it all from here. I'm just browsing through its pages and I think that it is not really the right book for an introduction to beginners: it speaks about too much stuff already at the beginning (CSS, W3C standards, etc.), it shows the differences between XUL and HTML approach in styles.. to much stuff at once, I was lost! For a gentler introduction maybe it is better to go to the XUL Tutorial on XULPlanet. Really extensive.

By the way, I'm not saying that RAD with Mozilla is a bad book, just that it is not what I needed right now! Maybe in the future I'll appreciate it more.

No comments:

Joost

Joost™ the best of tv and the internet