Thursday, March 19, 2009

Go and get it!

Looks like this time we did it!

I’m speaking about one of the big Microsoft news of these days (together with SIlverlight 3, Blend and its brand new SketchFlow feature, ecc.): the final version of Internet Explorer 8 saw the light of the web..

Honestly I’ve never been a big fan of old IE, but I installed it on my netbook (a Samsung NC 10 with Windows XP Home) and it feels fast.
Maybe not as fast as Chrome, but the results are quite good and I’m going to use this new browser a lot in the next few days to see how things go: anyway the fact that a new version of a Microsoft product works better than the old one on not so powerful hardware, says a lot about the good direction that the company is taking. You may like or not Microsoft, but better software is a  win for everybody out there!

No comments:

Joost

Joost™ the best of tv and the internet